Friday, October 22, 2010

ASI October CARD Share & Lots MORE!!

Hi Stampers,  well I thought since I was updating things, as usual, I'd better get everything done at once.  We had our quarterly team meeting for our group and what a fun, fun day we had.  First of all, here is our October monthly card exchange:
Sandie's card is the Left and Maree's card is to the right.  Hope I have the directions correct.  My card in the the lower right side 







This is a VERY versatile stamp set, I've even seen this stamp set used on Christmas cards.   It's so funny, that we all used the same stamp set.  The only info we are given is the color of the card stock to use.  The rest is up to you.  We all choose the same stamps.

 Here is a technique called VersaMark Resist.  You use a VersaMark ink pad and colored  embossing powders.  A heat tool is used to set the powders.  I was able to give a frosted effect on parts of the tree limbs.  This is a technique that we will be doing in the New Year!  I really enjoyed the different looks that you can achieve.
 It's a little hard to see, but the lighter portion is the silvering on the card to give the frosted look!
 This is another project we made at our quarterly meeting.  A memo pad, and, well, I had to make a matching card when I got home.  For those of you who will be coming to the Dec class, we are going to make this.  It can sit by your phone or it has a magnet and can be placed on your fridge.  I have a couple more project also we will complete!

 Well stampers, that's it for now.  It's of to get the granddaughter UP, and to the hosp for us.  I think Mom is going home tomorrow, so it'll be our last visit to the hosp.

Just a little NOTE:

I will post this separately, but I had to change the Oct 24th class and will be having it on Oct 31st.  I know - Halloween Day!!  It will be at 9:30 am instead and I thought that would give lots of time to get home and get the little ghouls ready for the evening events.  I am sorry about the inconvenience, for those ladies that have prepaid, your good for another class of your choice.  Thanks Stamper!

No comments:

Post a Comment