Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Up, Up & Away!

Hi Stampers,

Well that's the name of the next stamp set I thought I would play with.  It's a quick birthday card that's perfect for a little boy.  The only reason I say that is because I made it in blue, but of course the stamps set could be used for any birthday, really a whole lot of other things.  Maybe a cheer you up card, missing you card!  Well the sky's the limit.  What I really liked was it took less than 10 minutes to make.



Here it is!  The set is from the Up, Up & Away on page 63 of the 2011/12 IB& C catalogue.  It's hard to see here but of course I had to use some dazzling details on the balloons.

I also used the color coach to choose the colors.  I feel sometimes I just don't know what colors to put together and this tool is exceptional.  All I did was choose my main color - tempting turquoise and then found that color on the chart.  It then list the other colors that work well with it. 



Here's a close up of the balloons, maybe you can see all the BLING!!



Well I just had to show one more!  Although this is a gorgeous card, focus on the greeting.  I just LOVE the frame surrounding the sentiment.  This was made with the Textured Impression Embossing Folders found on page 218 of the 2011/12 IB& C catty.  It's super cool because you get two folders in this package.  Check it out!!!


I used a background stamp here and the leaves from Gently Falling set, which is a (two step) stamp set.  I embossed the leaves with gold and then cut them out.  Of course my favorite part is the greeting with the embossed frame around it.






Here's a close up!!

LOVE IT!!



OK stampers, until next time when I have a few more moments.  Have a wonderful evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment